2019 was a huge year for Queensland Genomics, including the many clinicians, researchers, scientists, health advocates, administrators, doctors, nurses and health workers within our alliance.
In 2019, together we:
- Established a cancer genomics advisory service to support Queensland cancer services to adopt genomics
- Carried out Whole Genome Sequencing to identify infectious disease outbreaks in Queensland hospitals
- Delivered and attended genomics training sessions, to further build workforce capabilities in Queensland
- Partnered with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to engage them in genomics health research
- Provided genomics literacy education sessions to engage culturally diverse communities in genomic medicine
- Built Pathology Queensland’s capability in genomic sequencing services
- Recruited the first ever Infection Control Genomics Nurse Coordinators
- And much more…
As we look ahead to 2020, we are excited to continue on our mission to advance genomic medicine in Queensland.