Harnessing the power of microbial genomics for infection control and outbreak response
Come along to this Microbial and Infection Control Genomics Workshop to discover the potential of microbial genomics and how to apply it to hospital outbreaks and infection control management.
The workshop will include practical sessions for:
- Routine surveillance
- Unexpected, odd and explosive outbreaks
- Evaluating infection control policy change
This workshop is particularly tailored for:
- Infectious Diseases Physicians or Advanced Trainees
- Microbiologists or Advanced Trainees
- Public Health Physicians or Advanced Trainees
- Infection Control Nurses
- Infectious Diseases Pharmacists
- Sexual Health Physicians
- General Physicians
- Laboratory Scientists
- Clinical researchers
Queensland Genomics is pleased to provide the Microbial Genomics Workshop free-of-charge to all participants. Numbers are limited and preference will be given to Queensland Health employees, including Hospital and Health staff within the categories listed above.
Queensland Genomics is offering up to 10 (up to $1000 each) Queensland based travel scholarships to regional, rural and remote Queensland Health clinicians and scientists (from sites requiring flights to Brisbane) and 5 interstate attendees (up to $500 each) to contribute to flights and accommodation expenses. Travel Scholarship applicants must:
- Provide a brief outline of their current role and how this workshop will support their current duties (max 100 words) to email@example.com
- Obtain approval for attendance from their Departmental Director/Hospital Executive Director
This Queensland Genomics Workshop, is an Advance Queensland initiative funded by the Queensland Government and delivered in collaboration with the Queensland Genomics’ Round 2 Infectious Disease Projects.